A Rain Trueax blog created as a place to discuss ideas and explore differences. First will be my opinion, when something has tweaked my interest or I've seen an article I want to share. Then will come your opinion if you choose to comment. This gives us a chance to have a dialogue where we sometimes agree to disagree. Such conversations are, in my opinion, always win/wins. (Of course, I'd believe that-- I am a moderate).

In the sidebar are political sites and blogs. I don't have to agree with them. They are not hate spewing (that is a bridge too far) but they are partisan and discussing political issues of the day. BUT, if they consistently only have a partisan agenda-- and they annoy me-- they disappear for a time-- or forever depending on whether they change the 'error' of their ways ;)

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

what is happening?



A day for thinking when I woke up this morning remembering the film, ‘Genius.' Last night we’d watched as in 1933, Einstein wanted to leave Germany because he saw the political environment was changing with increasing attacks on Jews. It took someone to help him do it—someone who helped other Jews also leave a country where soon the Holocaust was going to happen—an event that most of us today can still not get our head around. I lay in bed wondering how humans reach a point where they could send other, innocent humans to gas chambers. How does that happen? It just is beyond me to understand.


Once I clicked on the computer, I saw that a shooting had happened in Alexandria where a killer targeted GOP legislators practicing for the charitable baseball game for the next night. He began shooting as many as he could before he was blocked by Congressional security, who were there because of a high level GOP legislator at the practice. Without that security, there’d have been more deaths.


My thinking is-- what is it with humans who can do such things? I won’t try to say that the shooting in Alexandria is remotely the equivalent of the Holocaust. Both though separate out compassion for other human beings, using some kind of political aim. 

The shooter was angry, egged on by relentless left wing media, at Republicans and wanted to hurt as many as he could. Somehow or other the Nazi party and Hitler decided they should kill as many Jews as possible, could treat their lives as if they had no value. 

What both events have in common is a lack of concern for human life, for compassion, for seeing a connection between us all. Yes, it takes someone who is mentally off; but the viewers who cheered at the killing of Julius Caesar set in modern times, with Caesar looking like Trump, what about them?


I can’t get my head around why some have so little empathy for anyone but themselves.

4 comments:

Ingineer66 said...

Crazy and sad stuff.

Rain Trueax said...

With his record and what people are saying about his temper, abuse of others and guns, he should have never been allowed to have a gun :(

Ingineer66 said...

I don't get it. First Madonna et all talk about killing Trump. Then the NYC Shakespeare group and Kathy Griffin stage mock executions and now a Bernie campaign worker actually shoots republicans. Things are getting worse and the media and the Dem leadership seem to have no problem with it. There is a lot of hate out there and it is not good for the country.

Rain Trueax said...

Sadly, they are cheering it on by the words they use. :(