Tuesday, October 04, 2016

taking deep breaths

I vote on issues. Because I do, voting for Trump is pretty unlikely, but I have to say the media is so distorting every situation that it makes me wonder what we'd get if we have Hillary. What is it that she will do that makes them want her so much? What can we trust on the issues where it comes to her???

So latest is supposedly Trump insulting the veterans. Biden and others are out there saying he said the ones with PTSD are not strong. That is not what he said. How many people read the actual quote which was in answer to a question by a veteran who said he didn't take it at all as the media has twisted it.
"When you talk about the mental health problems, when people come back from war and combat and they see things that maybe a lot of folks in this room have seen many times over and you're strong and you can handle it but a lot of people can't handle it. They see horror stories, they see events you couldn't see in a movie, nobody would believe it ...

"You know when you hear the 22 suicides a day, it's a big part of your question, but when you hear the 22 suicides a day, that should never be. That should never be. So we're going to be addressing that very strongly.

"And the whole mental health issue is going to be a very important issue when I take over, and the VA is going to be fixed in so many ways, but that's gonna be one of the ways we're gonna help. And that's in many respects going to be the number one thing we have to do because I think it's really been left behind."
Where did he insult veterans? Whoever I end up voting for, I am so down on the media that I may never trust any of the major ones ever again.

3 comments:

Ingineer66 said...

I listened to what he said and the media and democrat politicians are totally mispreprenting it.

Another thing I learned today is that Hillary has changed her position and now opposes the TPP. I wonder have long she will keep that stance. I assume it will be like when she was opposed to gay marriage and for the war in Iraq. If it is poplular to change positions, she will do it.

Rain Trueax said...

The more I hear anything from her, deception personified, and now her VP, who came across like an attack dog and not a responsible leader, the more I don't want to vote period-- and I always vote. I am an issues voter but each of them has issues which I much disagree with. It's a terrible year for someone like me where my issues don't all end up on one side or the other. As for counting on them to do what they say, we won't have a clue until they get in. What a year!

Ingineer66 said...

It is a terrible year for America. I am worried that we won't have a decent person run for President ever again after all the hateful attacks in this cycle.