Friday, March 18, 2016

seriously-- this is what we have come down to?

It might seem that I'd be writing something here regarding the primaries but frankly its been dispiriting. I just cannot get excited about any of the candidates and worse is how I feel about most of them. We're down to two on the Democratic side and three on the Republican, but only two of the candidates can probably win given the numbers needed. 

That is unless shenanigans come into play. I listened to the news last night where a Republican establishment guy said the voting in primaries is meaningless-- only delegates count at the convention. In short, you fools who bothered to vote, get real. We control it all!

The right and left are stirred up that one candidate will be Trump but if you studied the issues on all the Republican candidates this year, there wasn't much distance between them for what they wanted to do. Mostly it's they believe in freedom but not when it involves women and fertility issues or gays and marriage. Their idea of freedom is no environmental regs, lower taxes on the rich, and more wars (Although neither Trump nor Cruz favor another war or so they say). 

Anyway when we finally end up with two candidates, I might get more interested in putting down my viewpoints. For now, I am settling for distractions in terms of Netflix-- i.e. Skinwalkers, an old series based on the Tony Hillerman books and most recently Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which is light and enough action to keep it interesting. I always liked Coulson on the Avengers so glad he got resurrected. Dumb move to kill him and wise move to bring him back. It's nice to watch something where the good guys win.

Writing is of course high on my daily list of things to do and right now that has meant picking up images for the next series of books. I am not sure if I am being influenced by the political mood but this is one I just got ;)


Besides paranormal type images, I've been collecting nice looking homes where my characters might live... so from magical solutions to creating a cozy nest. Think there is a pattern here? ;)
 

When we have more sense of the issues that will be in play this year, I'll be more into writing about that. I am so hating the negativity that is on both sides that it's pretty difficult right now to watch cable news.

5 comments:

Ingineer66 said...

320 million Americans and we get Trump and Hillary to choose from, that sucks.

Rain Trueax said...

Yeah, hard to believe. The Repub establishment is so upset about it that it's said they might run a third party someone like Tom Coburn or Rick Perry... What that would obviously do is send it to Hillary and make a lot of Repubs really mad. What it makes me wonder is exactly what are they trying to protect??

Ingineer66 said...

Some of my more conservative friends are so mad at the Repubs they said they wish Trump would run as a Dem and they would vote for him as a Dem just to kill the establishment of both parties.

Rain Trueax said...

lol It has been a very disillusioning season, but there has been some humor in it ;). I liked the New Rules that Bill Maher did regarding the spoiled generation and what's gone wrong. Although Trump is older than you and not a long younger than me. If you haven't seen it, this is the link too much self esteem? :)

Ingineer66 said...

Not a fan of Maher, but that is pretty funny.