Saturday, August 20, 2011

A dissenting view on Christian dominionism

I thought this was an interesting article on how there is no Christian domination movement out there. The author was involved with Billy Graham's ministries.


Here is the problem, as I see it, with what the author said. He is speaking of what Christians should want who actually follow Jesus Christ's teachings.  Is there any evidence that is what Perry and Bachmann are doing? Can we see by their words how say the Sermon on the Mount has influenced their agenda for America? They are good at  saying it's who they are; but by their actions, which is what Christ said we should go by, what is the evidence? Feed the poor, heal the sick fits into what part of their political agenda?

2 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

I think the author of that article is so very wrong. As always, I fall back on Gandhi's words:

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ."

The strident religious right gives Christianity a bad name.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog