Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wearing Purple


If a person doesn't wear purple, or own much that is purple, Spirit Day, as a way of showing our united support for teens dealing with anti-gay bullying, this presented a problem. After doing some closet cleaning and bringing back onto hangers my winter clothing, lo and behold there was one of my favorite sweaters, the only purple one as it turns out.

I think this is a good cause and believe wholeheartedly in the need for this country to get its act together on what really matters. Condemning someone for how they are born is not fair and is ignorant. We can't take credit for being born straight or gay. We just are what we are. Why is it so hard for some people to get that?

While one side is very loud on this topic, the other side often is not. Those who want to see civil rights mean something need to get more 'in your' face, I am thinking. It's too important to do otherwise.

Because it didn't photograph very purple, I took another one outside, not sure that improved things but really it is a purple sweater.

5 comments:

TaraDharma said...

Purple Rain! Ha!

Rain said...

now that's funny!

Parapluie said...

Beautiful photos of you. I looked through my clothes for something purple and couldn't come up with anything.

Paul said...

Rain,I stopped a bully in school with my fist upside of his head. He never bothered me again. In that instance, I felt no remorse or regret for my use of violent attitude adjustment. There are some people whom one cannot reason with-he was one of those people.

mandt said...

You are wonderful! Thanks....