Friday, October 01, 2010

Tea & Crackers by Matt Taibi

I used to have Matt Taibi's blog linked to my blog in the days when I wrote about politics there. Then he stopped doing a regular blog and began to write from Rolling Stone and I caught his writing less frequently. This link came from seeing it on Ronni Bennett's blog.

Taibi, as usual, provides an in depth look this time at the tea party movement and is especially worth reading for those who don't know much about what is really going on or where it is heading. If all you are catching is the headlines, you need to take some time with this one. It's long but I think will prove worth your time.


I haven't subscribed to Rolling Stone for years but they are doing some of the best political expose writing out there. If the mainstream media won't cover this kind of thing or can't, then it's good to support those who are doing it.

This article is a powerful look at what is happening politically, where it came from, and where it's heading. You thought it came up from the grassroots, think again! Tea party types won't like it or believe it. They are beyond influencing right now for voting this November. They won't believe anything that doesn't suit their preconceived agenda, the one they have been sold; but it's for anybody else who isn't quite to that point yet.

1 comment:

Kay Dennison said...

I really like Rolling Stone's political writing. I discovered it during the last election and think it's brilliant.