Saturday, July 03, 2010

what brand of liberal are you?

 I saw this on :  The Way I See It. Luckily this fun quiz, which is as much about humor as somber political issues, didn't ask questions about gun control, immigration, fiscal policy, or a few of my other positions that would have cost me points. As it was, just answering some of the questions gave me a chuckle of satisfaction-- I might add a malicious chuckle of satisfaction.

My Liberal Identity:

You are a Reality-Based Intellectualist, also known as the liberal elite. You are a proud member of what’s known as the reality-based community, where science, reason, and non-Jesus-based thought reign supreme.

4 comments:

Ingineer66 said...

I took the quiz but you have to post the results to see what they say. So I don't know how I scored. I didn't like the choices in some of the questions, so I probably am not a liberal. I know shocking. But I think the quiz and the book are a little dated. It is not 2007 any more and there are no Republicans in charge at the Federal Government. It is now our Marxist President that is supporting expansion of the Patriot Act and surveillance of Americans.

mandt said...

Rain, you are not alone as a liberal with more conservative views on guns, fiscal policy, and immigration. I joined the NRA when I saw the beating and killing of an elderly gay man on his way home from food shopping in the Castro and realized on that day that it takes what it takes to defend life, liberty and the pursuit of justice. This country has consequently become so corrupted, rotted and dangerous that even kind people of good will will carry weapons that they never imagined for use outside of legitimate hunting. Sad.....

Robert the Skeptic said...

I took the test on the Libertarian web site twice. It paints me as a Liberal. I pretty much agree with the Libertarian party on civil privacy issues but their stance on dealing with the under privileged is fairly naive... having churches and volunteer organizations handle poverty and abuse; they have to be joking!

Kay Dennison said...

Big surprise!!! Not!!!! I scored the same as you -- a reality-based intellectualist.